Today Tropical Storm Edouard was predicted to make landfall very near Galveston, TX, but lucky for us it went a little east and didn't have nearly the impact here in the Houston-Galveston area that was predicted. �We only got an inch of rain here in southwest Houston, although the area where the storm did come ashore did get a little bit of flooding and more wind and rain. �For us it was just a rainy day, thank goodness. �I just didn't want my stamping stuff to get wet! �Or the electricity to go off!
The storm didn't have nearly the energy of the 6000 demonstrators at the Stampin' Up! convention last week in Salt Lake City! I wasn't even there, but the excitement was felt over the internet as those of us at home sat by our computers, refreshing the screen over and over, in order to catch the latest announcement made at Convention or see a photo of a new product! Stampin' Up! is celebrating their 20th anniversary so this convention was probably extra-special….but every SU convention is extra special! If you are a demonstrator, you need to experience convention at least once, and if you're not a demonstrator….well, you need to get in on a good thing! A really good thing!
And Stampin' Up! is going to make that easier than ever for you with some exceptional specials for signing up:
- Purchase the standard Starter Kit�for $199 and chose a free stamp set from the new catalog.
- Purchase one of the mini Starter Kits for $99, designed for those who already have a lot of stamping supplies or who would like to branch out into another area.
- Home Decor-focused
With four kits to choose from, anyone can find something of interest! �If you are even slightly interested, watch this video on my demo website �and find out more about becoming a demonstrator!
You will be able to sign up on my website (contact me for the password) and have your demo number and be ready to go in just a few minutes! �Stampin' Up! has really made it easy. �Call or email me to get the exact details on these offers which run from August 11 until October 11. �More information will be available on the website soon.
So much news out of Convention:
- Stampin' Up! is partnering with Sizzix to give us our own SU Big Shot die cutting machine with several exclusive dies. Customers will be able to order beginning Sept. 2.
- Shelli Gardner, founder and CEO of SU, has started her own blog at www.soshelli.com. �It's for everyone, so check it out!
- Shelli will have her own Signature Collection, which will be products she especially loves or perhaps had a hand in developing. �They will be denoted with a small heart in the catalogs.
- Never-Before-Seen Promotion: �Aug. 11 – Sept.30, a 15% discount on certain new stamps!
- All new stamp sets in this upcoming catalog will be die-cut, but starting in Spring 2009 all stamps will be die-cut.
- Special spread in Country Living Magazine in Dec. 2008 issue promoting a Holiday Collection Stampin' Kit.
- Special promotions in the new Catalog Sampler, coming out soon.
- And for the last general session of Convention, UPS surprised everyone with a package, the Ronald McDonald House Charities new stamp set for this catalog, "Say It With Scallops". �As yellow confetti flew through the air, the UPS truck drove up and UPS and SU employees passed out the stamp sets donated by UPS to all the excited demos!
New catalogs are on their way via UPS right now.� Hopefully mine will be delivered soon! Contact me to get your copy to begin celebrating Stampin' Up!'s 20th year!
PS:� I don't know why there are little squares in between sentences but maybe they will go away overnight!