This post is for those of us in Texas! You might think that the Texas sales tax holiday only applies to shopping at the mall for back-to-school clothes, shoes, and school supplies, but no!! It’s not THIS weekend but just to let you know it’s coming NEXT weekend, Friday August 9 through Sunday August 11. The tax itself isn’t a big savings but it can add up! Might as well take advantage of it!
The state of Texas is having a sales tax holiday for school supplies up to $100 per item from August 9-11. Because school supply items are included in this sales tax holiday, the list of items below will be state tax-free during the holiday period. Please note that you must place your order with Stampin’Up!® during the tax holiday period in order to receive these items tax-free. Also, keep in mind that this is a state sales tax holiday and may not apply to additional city, jurisdiction, or county taxes.
The following items are tax-exempt during the Texas sales tax holiday:
- 2-Way Glue Pen (item 100425) $4.50
- Snail Adhesive (item 104332) $6.95
- Snail Adhesive Refill (item 104331) $4.50
- Sticky Strip (item 104294) $6.95
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (item 104430) $3.95
- Mini Glue Dots (item 103683) $4.95
- Paper Snips (item 103579) $9.95
- Craft & Paper Scissors (item 108360) $29.95
- Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen (item 105021) $3.95
- Blender Pens (item 102845) $9.95
- Stampin’ Write Markers (various item numbers) $3.50
- Subtles Stampin’ Write Markers (item 131263) $28.95
- Regals Stampin’ Write Markers (item 131262) $28.95
- Brights Stampin’ Write Markers (item 131259) $28.95
- Neutrals Stampin’ Write Markers (item 131261) $22.95
- Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive (item 110755) $3.95
- Anywhere Glue Sticks (item 104045) $3.95
- 2012-2014 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (item 126856) $14.95
- 2013-2015 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (item 131260) $14.95
- Stampin’ Write Marker New Color Kit (item 130034) $28.95
You can benefit by purchasing Stampin’ Up! supplies as well! If you have children or grandchildren or neighborhood children or just like to think of yourself as a student, you know that school projects can pop up at any moment. My family has often asked to use my craft supplies to make a project for school or Scouts or parties or anything. We parents know that these needs frequently pop up at 10:00 pm the night before the project is due, so it is always a good idea to have these things on hand. I always had a stash of notebooks, folders, graph paper, glue, notebook paper, and more on a designated shelf in my closet rather than having to dash to the store at the last minute.
Come back to my Online Store next weekend (Friday – Sunday) to add these items to your order and save the tax, IF you live in Texas. Other states maybe also be having sales tax holidays for the start of school. I just saw a story on the Today Show as I was writing this. Some states are having their tax holidays this weekend.