These pansies made from butterfly punches are all the rage right now and so easy to make! I believe another demonstrator, Dawn Olchefske, may be the originator. After I made my pansy, I die cut the Stampin' Up! Fancy Favor Box #115965 with my Big Shot, stamped with Elements of Style from the Summer Mini with Versamark on the box, and attached my pretty pansy.
To make the pansy:
- Use the Butterfly Punch #116629 to punch two butterflies from Shimmery White card stock #101910. (it works better with the water)
- Place on a folded paper towel and spritz heavily with water.
- Using your Aquapainter #103954 or small brush, pick up some ink and touch to the wet butterflies. Use one or more colors. The ink will spread with the water.
- Let dry, draw little "whisker" type lines from the center of each.
- Assemble the two butterflies at right angles with a center brad, curl the edges a bit with your fingers or a tool, and look at your beautiful pansy!
- Be careful, because they are addicting and you will want to make more!
Who on earth would think you could make a pansy out of two butterflies?! But that's how talented a lot of our Stampin' Up! Demonstrators are!